Founded in 1981, REM SYSTEMS distributes medical and health care supplies in Australia, Pacific Islands countries and New Zealand. Sourced from the world’s leading suppliers, our products have a reputation for quality and effectiveness.
Most of our Australian and New Zealand team members hold tertiary qualifications in nursing, science or business. By collaborating closely with our clients, they help medical and veterinary professionals deliver better patient outcomes through increasingly advanced treatments and efficient procedures.
We never forget the importance of our role in the health community. Our guiding philosophy is ‘Caring about lives’.
- We uphold high ethical standards in our relationship with suppliers, customers and employees
- We represent the products of our suppliers in a professional manner
- We work with our clients in a partnership role
- We care about the patients who are the recipients of our products
- We foster the development of individual employees within a team environment
Commitment to quality
We import and distribute products from manufacturers who maintain internationally accepted Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) quality systems such as the EN46000 series of standards, ISO 9000 series or ISO 13485 and all products are registered with the relevant regulatory body in their country of origin.
To ensure our employees understand our quality system and what they must do to remain compliant with it, they all complete induction training with our Regulatory Affairs Manager. At all times, our employees are expected to follow the requirements specified in our policies and procedures manual. Copies of the manual are kept at each employee’s workstation and within our online information systems.
To encourage continuing improvement, our policies and procedures are reviewed at regular intervals. We’re committed to sustaining a higher level of quality than the law requires. Feedback from our clients consistently validates our efforts to achieving excellence. If you have comments or concerns about our quality, please email Tony Edmonds, Regulatory Affairs Manager
REM SYSTEMS began in a home basement in 1981 and we’ve been helping medical and health professionals to make a difference to people’s lives ever since. Today we have large purpose-built distribution centres in Sydney and Auckland, and teams of experts throughout Australia and New Zealand.
- Leon Shollum concludes a successful career as International Sales Manager for McGaw Laboratories in California and returns to Auckland, New Zealand to set up a medical and pharmaceutical company with his wife Shirley.
- The company is named REM SYSTEMS. ‘REM is short for Remiger, the surname of Leon’s Czechoslovakian grandmother, Christina. ‘SYSTEMS' was chosen to reflect the intention to create a one-stop-shop for a particular market by providing a complete system or family of products.
- REM SYSTEMS begins operating from the basement of the Shollum’s home.
- A third shareholder and director, Brian Wilsher, joins REM SYSTEMS. He comes with considerable knowledge in cardiovascular products from sales roles in this field.
- Sir Robert Muldoon, Prime Minister of New Zealand, opens REM SYSTEMS’ new purpose-built commercial property in the Auckland suburb of Glenn Innes.
- A subsidiary company, REM SYSTEMS Pty Ltd is founded in Australia.
- The diverse REM SYSTEMS range now includes more than 8,500 quality products, ranging from custom intravenous sets to implantable heart valves.
- It’s REM SYSTEMS’ 20th birthday and the company is now New Zealand’s largest privately owned distributor of medical products.